Welcome to Adoption Education, LLC.
Our on-line courses are designed to promote successful intercountry and domestic adoptions.
- On-line training for prospective adoptive parents
- Accountability - "students" must pass a quiz after taking each course
- Certificates of completion
- Automatic e-mail notification to the Agency
- Records of the nature and extent of training
Why should agencies encourage or require pre-adoption training?
- Research indicates that informed, prepared parents with realistic expectations and proper social and professional support have more successful adoptive placements. Conversely, unprepared, uninformed parents with unrealistic expectations are more likely to have significant problems with their children, or even to disrupt their adoption.
- The Hague Convention on Intercountry Adoption requires 10 hours of training for prospective adoptive parents.
CHINA: Adopting from China? Take our Hague Package of courses + one additional course to meet China's 12 hour training requirement. Contact us to find out how.
ILLINOIS: Live in Illinois? We can help out with your training needs also. Contact us to find out how.
OHIO: Live in Ohio? We can help out with your training needs also. Contact us to find out how.
OREGON: We meet the State of Oregon's pre-adoption training requirements.
Effective April 2009, prospective adoptive parents who are having a homestudy completed or certified by an Oregon licensed adoption agency must
complete 10 hours of pre-adoption training. Click here to see which on-line courses meet Oregon's educational requirements.
VIRGINIA: We now offer Packages meeting Virginia's Domestic and International Packages.